Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Six Month Anniversary



Yesterday marked six months for the running of this blog. I’m surprised and happy that it's lasted that long. At times it’s been easy going, with thoughts jumping out onto the page, but at other times I’ve had to think long and hard for something to appear. But always it’s been fun. “Thinker’s Retreat,” as the name suggests, is a retreat for someone who thinks. I would say that the blog also carries the meaning of “thinkers’ retreat,” with the apostrophe purposefully placed after the “s” to mean a retreat for thinkers. I’d like this blog to be a place where one comes to think and reflect on life and also learn a thing or two. 

There have been over six hundred visits from around twenty countries, so if you’re reading this you’re not alone. I’ve only had comments from one visitor. I would love more comments or even suggestions on the content or possible content on this blog. Don’t be afraid; I don’t bite : )

As for future content, in the coming months I’ll be sharing insights from Dr Scott Peck’s books Further Along the Road Less Travelled and The Road Less Travelled and Beyond. There will be reflections on the content of online courses I’m taking through Seekers Hub. I'll share my experiences of studying tajweed in Cairo. There will be personal reflections on issues of life and religion. And, of course, there will be poetry. I'll be posting once a week every Saturday.

I’m an avid reader, so If there is a book you’d like me to read and comment on please don’t hesitate to let me know. You can contact me at rizbonn@gmail.com.

Take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment