Excitement
*Barzakh is the temporal period between this life and the Hereafter.
In the moment
Adrenalin rushing
Eyes wide open
Neurons firing
Fully alive
Fully functioning
Soul and matter unite
So exciting
As you twiddle your beads in
the park
Feel that wooden spark
Reciting Meccan and Madinan
words
Your spirit soars as high as
the birds
Back home, you place your head
upon the floor
That excitement of being
close, you crave more
I only speak for those far
away
Who wonder where they’ll stand
that Day
Every now and then we get a
taste
And for a while from sins
we’re chaste
But alas, comes the mocking
bird
Whose tunes the sinner’s
plenty heard
“You’re on a path to death—the
final moment”
I reply, “I am full of
excitement.”
Because, without a tear, I’ll
leave this temporal place
To enter barzakh’s* grace
No cheer from the guide
Onlookers shall sigh
“Do not despair oh lonely one
Our Lord’s will be done.”
‘Tis music to my ears
I hope Heaven hears
My excitement*Barzakh is the temporal period between this life and the Hereafter.
No comments:
Post a Comment