Saturday, November 26, 2016

Poems and Aphorisms 16

Contentment

Be content with past
Be content with future
Work in the present for both


Open Minded 2

The hungry man is evidence for food
This line is proof against the sceptical dude
Who asks, “Where is proof of your God?”
And says, “fossils lie where dinosaurs once trod;
What traces reveal a Supreme Being?”

I answer simply this:
That our yearning for justice is not remiss
Rather, it proves that there is One who cares
Who created creatures in pairs

Yet still the sceptic dares:
“If each and every thing requires a cause
Then what caused the Creator?” A slight pause…
Then I reply that He is not subject to the laws
Which He set down. If otherwise there’d be flaws
And He is flawless

Second point…
Are we to make of God, Who is Lord
What we make of ourselves?
That is absurd!

Now, my friend lost for words ventures to ask
 “What say you of evil?
The sort that makes man, woman, and child suffer.
Tornados, Hurricanes, and Floods—life on Earth could be no rougher!”
I replied, “it is to make us tougher.”
Pain leads to struggle which leads to growth
“By God! I make the oath
That which does not kill me makes me stronger
Despite its trials I hope to remain on this Earth longer”
“Why would you wish such a terrible thing?”
“So that peace and harmony I might bring.”

And with that we departed ways
He returned to his religion and I to mine
Surprisingly, a few days later I receive a call
Asking would I like to dine
Me with orange juice and he with wine
I responded with this line:
“I’m always ready to talk with a brother
Regardless he be an atheist and I a God lover.
With respect we shall treat each other

And with that, a friendship fostered
Through meetings weekly rostered
From enmity cloistered
Through love bolstered

A happy ending. You see…
Speak your truth, then let others be
Know God and be carefree

No comments:

Post a Comment